Do we need distance to get close?”

I may not get to see you as often as I like. I may not get to hold you in my arms all through the night. But deep in my heart I truly know, you're the one that I love, and I can't let you go.
When it come to dating and relationships how far would you go to be happy? Let me elaborate. I don't mean how far would you go to necessarily please your mate, more so distance. Is long distance in a relationship healthy or prone for disaster? 
Lets say you meet this wonderful person. You start dating and the person has relocate to another city. Would you be quick to say wiedersehen or try to work something out? Seeing that we live in the century of technology advancements there are many ways to interact with your mate; Skype, Iphone 4 face-to-face Chat, text messaging and the old fashion phone calls. I believe when people think of long distance relationships our brains deceive us by thinking of the negatives instead of benefits.  


For example After a long absence you are allowed to genuinely miss seeing your partner.
No petty arguments about irrelevant things
You can spend more time with friends and family
you can keep your own identity
Distance = frequent trips/mini vacations

I believe if you can avoid the negative aspects in long distance relationships as in temptation, jealousy and communication or lack there of  a long distance relationship can work. All relationships both near and far can be challenging and difficult if you don't put in the effort and work. Sometimes a little space can be helpful and make you and your mate closer. Personally I cant take being around anyone 24/7. I need my space. I can't genuinely miss you if I just saw you 5 hours ago. Don't get me wrong, having your partner close and near can be peachy just don't give up on someone because they aren't as close as you like.


"Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."


0 comments: