WWYD Wednesdays

ABC News conducts different social experiments around the country to see how people would react to certain situations.  I recently found this clip of the show holding an experiment in Texas.  The setup was of a same sex couple  out to eat with their two kids and a waitress that berated the couple because of their sexuality.  The couple, the children, and the waitress are all actors and the purpose of this experiment is to see how the other patrons would respond.




After I watched this video, I cried. Even though they were actors, I cried becasue I couldnt believe this type of discrimation was real.  I've read about people being discrimated against, but I have never been blantly discrimated against like this. I believe that people have a right be whoever or whatever they want to be without the chance of them being discrimated against.

I later found out that Texas is one of 29 states that allow the refusal of service based on sexual preference. I couldn't believe that. I was so happy to see the other patrons step up and say something.

My question to you guys is, what would you have done? Would you have agreed or disagreed with the discrimation? Would you have said something?


1 comments:

Amber Steez said...

I SAW THIS ON JIA.. VERY INTERESTING ITS SAD THAT WE AS A SOCIETY STILL DISCRIMINATE. WE HAVE CAME A LONG WAY TO GET NO WHERE.