Ash Wednesday. 40 Day Fast

Good Afternoon. I will be partaking in the Daniel fast. The purpose of Christian fasting is to grow and become closer with God. All this is done will cleansing your body and soul of unnatural, self-indulgent like beverages and food. A quote I will be going by this fast season will be, "Eat to live, not live to eat."  During fasting your sole focus is to be on God, not on the fleshly things of the world.

Often people hear fast and automatically think I'm starving myself. You are allowed to eat as much unprocessed fruits and veggies as you want. 100% juices, water, rices, beans and potatoes. Basically don't consume anything that once had a mother. No meat, dairy, unnatural seasoning or sweeteners.

I will be tracking my progression and consumption of food. I will also post the Prayer for the day that my Pastor Jeffery A Johnson from Easter Star Baptist Church gives us. For those of you that are joining me God bless you and May God give you the strength and the will power.

 

Daily Prayer:

Day 1 Wednesday, February 13

Father, today, I join with my church family to begin this 40-day journey of fasting and prayer. We seek you individually and corporately for strength and power from the Holy Spirit to sustain us during this season. Father, we ask that you will help us keep our commitment, and please give us a joyful heart as we push things aside to draw closer to you. We trust you Lord, and the plans that you have for our lives. We walk by faith and not by sight. We stand in anticipation of all that you will manifest in us, through us, and in the life of this ministry. We thank you in advance, In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.

Today's food: (Breakfast) 1 orange, small zip lock bag of grapes, glass of water

snack: whole grain cherrios, 1 glass of water

(lunch) - 3 or 4 pineapple chunks,  handful of grapes, 2 oranges, 1 glass of 100% grape juice

snack: orange and more grapes

I havent eaten dinner yet but I am going to eat fried potatoes with green peppers and onions with a fruit slushy of natural peaches, oranges and lemon juice.

I will also snack on carrots.

 

 

 

0 comments: