What's The Formula?

I've gotten a few questions about how to wear make-up so that it looks like your skin, but better. What's key is finding the right foundation.

Liquid Foundations :
I know many women are intimidated to wear liquid foundation, but knowing the look you are going for, what type of skin you have, and the type of brush to use is crucial for a beautiful, flawless application.
When I mention the look you are going for, I feel most women don't need heavy or full coverage. Sheer to Medium coverage is perfect and with the right application, will result in natural looking skin.
Revlon Color Stay Foundations are great for women of color and they have 2 different formulas for people with Oily/ Combination skin and Dry/ Normal skin. When I purchased mine, I also purchased a Revlon Large Foundation Brush. Another great brush that I purchased recently was Sephora's Stippling Brush.


Cream/ Creme/ Souffle/Mousse:
These are some of the most difficult  foundations to apply because of the thick consistency. They often give medium to full coverage. I love and use MAC Mineralize Foundation with SPF 15. I use my Sehpora Stipling Brush for the application as well. This brush is perfect because I can pick up the perfect amount of foundation for an even application.

Powder Foundations:
I love powder foundations and in my opinion are the easiest to use and a great starter for make-up novices. I use  MAC's Mineralize SPF 15 Loose Powder. It gives a sheer,satin- like, natural finish to the skin. I recently purchased an ELF Cosmetics Flat Powder Brush. You can also try a compact powder as well using the same brush or any other large face brush. The application with the ELF brush is very easy and almost impossible to mess up.

Once you've picked what type of foundation you want to use, then apply and blend blend blend. I know this is somewhat a long post but this is an awesome video I found on youtube by Makeup By Cheri for liquid foundation applications.  The same method can be used for cream foundations except the make up will still be in the pot.

I also tried her method of applying my concealer after the foundation is on. This has worked out wonderfully for me but I do have to follow up with a translucent powder( Make-Up Forever HD Micro-finish Powder) which also sets the make-up and corrects it. You WOULD NOT put the concealer on after, if using powder foundation...

Hopefully, this has been some help to you.... xoxoxo

0 comments: