spaceships


SPACESHIPS 2009
by yours truly

My Head is to the sky waiting on them spaceships to pass by.
Spending a buck fifty on material things just so I can look fly.
Crowded room but he’s the only one I perceive.
Nappy hair twisted up.. Feeling his vibe -- apparently.

Grinning lips.. Happily awaiting a pristine start.
My premature hearts open again.
When it was just ripped apart
I’m in a trance his tone has got me zoning.
I listen with ease.
Feeling like Hannibal cus my ears eat up his words like a disease.

It seems like I fall more that I stand.
My hearts been beaten up yet I dive back in all over again
The jealousy the good, bad and the lies.
I want every part as long as its him by my side.
I’m ungrateful but I try to stay faithful through it all.
My wondering eyes are going to be the death of me.
Since my heart keeps catching all my falls.

"Mama always told me to be careful who i love AND Daddy always told me to make sure he's right."
So I play games and act like I don’t like him just to see if I’m worth the fight.
Afraid of being hurt. We all are.
But when I think my hearts durable its still sore.

I put my girls before you cus I know they will still be there.
I Did it so much he left.. thought i didn't care.
Said I was childish but I say I was being safe.
So I live with no regrets cus the past is the past.
but with each new face its like the same script different cast.

Time persistently ticking..
my mind is never latent..
..Physically missing his being.
I long for him once more.
But i Gotta keep it pushing & stay on track.
Like Linkin Park i'm by myself & i can't look back
ipod blasting next lifetime by Badu
realizing my self worth instead of settling to be with u

two fingers up
shades on my eyes..
looking at the sky..
waiting on one of them spaceships to arrive

(other news I'm competing in the poetry slam next month I'm excitednevousanxious so wish me luck b!tches)

0 comments: